The Committee for Sustainable Retirement Incomes functions will include:
- developing an overarching retirement income policy framework;
- promoting a bi-partisan set of objectives for superannuation policy and a systemic approach to improving adequacy and fiscal sustainability including pooling of risk and integration of the tax transfer system;
- developing policy positions through the synthesis of available research to support evidence-based policy making;
- contributing to government policy and regulatory processes as they relate to retirement incomes including preparation of submissions and engaging with policy makers;
- developing and execution of an advocacy programme to champion reform;
- contributing to public debate using monographs and op ed articles; and
- conducting conferences, seminars and roundtables.